Pages

Friday 28 August 2015

Fybromyalgia from the partners perspective

My partner has been diagnosed with fybromyalgia for just over 2 years. I have my own issue but might go into them another time.

I feel while fybromyalgia is a real thing that there must be more that can be done. It's almost like the doctor writes it off after diagnosis and apart from med reviews cares little about it. This is frustrating as I want my partner to get better. I want her to have more energy I guess some of them reasons are selfish but mainly I want her to enjoy life again.

For me looking in I am becoming desensitised to her pain and at times I lack any patience with it. The reason for this I can only put down to the exposure to the condition. I feel guilty about it and this impacts me. I realise this is selfish but it's like watching oxfam adverts on TV all day every day. After a couple of hours the images woUldale not impact you anymore as you became desensitised to them.

I have spent 2 years reading blogs and medical research about the illness and find it amazing how many people are diagnosed.

While I try to support my partner as best I can I also realise that my own issue make this sparadic at best. I try to research and find thing to try but am often shot down with these ideas.

I want to be more supportive but really don't know how. I feel the relationship is under strain.

I will continue soon

No comments:

Post a Comment