Pages

Monday 7 September 2015

The beast with no head

How can I fight the beast with no head
The one that creeps into my thoughts
I spend weeks at a time on top of the world
While the monster finds place to hide
It crawls in through the door or window or gap
Only a sliver of thought and its back

It gets in my head and unwinds my joy
It melts down my confidence in no time at all
It takes over my life and destroys who I am
I try to fight back but the beast feeds on that
Then I try too relax as the world carrys on
Unaware of my past and the things I usage done

But I won't stop this fight there is a war to be won
I will not give up and go back to the place
Where the beast takes control of my life
I will work with the tools that I have in my head
I will turn them to weapons for the beast with no head

If he has no head then his heart I will find
I will strike at him hard when he has no where to run
I will continue to fight till his last breath is done
I will have control of my life once again
I can find the joy in the storm yet to come
I can not be owned by this beast with no face

So as I strike him down and his powder is gone
All that is left is for me to move on
With joy in my soul and peace in my heart
I will take this beast as my pet moving on
As much as hate him right now I can see
Without my beast I just wouldn't be me

No comments:

Post a Comment