Pages

Wednesday 13 January 2016

Motivation lacking, faith questioning?

I don't have any lectures on a Wednesday. Today I planned to start glossing the hall and landing. Start work on another essay. I managed to watch telly. I did turn my computer on  so big points for me there. Win.

It's been a strange day. I got a message off someone I know vaugly. I have always thought them a nice person but never really had the chance to get to know them. We had a short discussion about mental health and faith/church.

This is all a bit deep for me but I have been questioning my faith a lot recently as over the last 8 years I don't think I have visited a church apart from a wedding. I have not prayed since I left the army. Then a couple of weeks ago I started praying again. I asked for the strength to be a better man. I have been asking the same since. Then today I got a message from someone who I barely know offering me words of support and helpping me re open the internal reflection with my relationship with my faith. It just seemed a bit spooky.

This afternoon I went out for lunch and then had a hospital appointment. I am going to have a few tests and see how things are. I don't think there is much wrong with me that loosing some weight would not fix. (Obviously I do think I am ill and about to die but I am trying to fool myself, shhhhh don't tell me)

So tomorrow I am going for some blood tests. Hooray that will be fun.

We bought an Aldi smoothie maker today which I thought would be rubbish but it's pretty good to be honest.

This evening we have had a meeting about the restructure at work which just feel a bit intimidating to be back in this process again. I won't talk about that at the moment. As it's a sore point really the way I feel on the subject.

Then this evening before bed I watched heartbreak ridge. You gotta love gunny highways method of preparing his troops.

Stay safe, speak soon

Russ

Don't forget to follow

1 comment:

  1. Hey Polls, I feel you re essays, I have just only wrote the second essay I have ever written and at masters level! I may be dater than I ever was, we'll find out in a couple of weeks when I get the result!!
    It's good to hear you are still searching and looking at different avenues for inspiration and guidance. Never give up, it may come from the weirdest of places or the strongest heart mate. Remember I'd you ever need owt, the old 501 club is still as strong as it ever was, even if we haven't all spoken in a while and populate half the globe.
    Skippy

    ReplyDelete