Pages

Sunday 3 January 2016

Stuff or experience?

Stuff is nice to have. The wide screen TV,  PS4, the coffee machine, the nice car. It's stuff we all want, but do we need it? No do we hell.

I have decided this year I will buy no stuff. I will instead spend any money I have on experiences. As nice as stuff is it doesn't really impress anyone; except yourself.

What impresses people is the story about when you escaped the lion attack or fell off the trampoline. I realise them examples are at both ends of the "interesting" spectrum, but you get my point.

When was the last time a successful relationship (friendly or romantic) started with the words "i have a XBOX 1". The truth is that conversation never happened. If you managed it then you are the exception that proves the rule.

So this year don't spend your money on stuff spend it on experiences. Anything new or old pastimes you could get involved in again. Not only does it make you more interesting but you will meet interesting people at the same time. Them people will fill up your life with things far more important than stuff.

Stay safe, speak soon

Russ

Don't forget to follow

No comments:

Post a Comment