Pages

Tuesday 31 May 2016

Day 1

Today i woke up onboard a tall ship. It is really the start of my adventure. I will be  leaving my family for 2 months. While leaving them feels like the hardest part of this challenge i am sure there will be others during the voyage. When i first decided to take part in this adventure i realised it would be all or nothing. I would have to let the world of material things go.

Even as i write this i know it is another world i will be entering over the next two months. The motion of the water and the sounds of the sea will be with me 100% of the time. I will have my guard up 100% of the time as i have some serious trust issues. This will all be exhausting. I hope over the course of the voyage i can address these issues and build my self confidence which has been low for some time. I have a companion for the journey and his name is Fraser. He is a teddy bear given to me by my daughter because "he wants a great adventure too" I will through his eyes show my daughter the diversity and beauty of the english coastline.

After my first night on the boat i realise i need to make my bed more comfortable. It was not a great sleep. I have the need to sleep some more i just cant wait for tonight but today is going to be busy preping the boat for setting sail tomorrow.

Stay safe, speak soon

Russ

Dont forget to follow

No comments:

Post a Comment