Pages

Friday 3 June 2016

Day 4

With the engine in pieces and hope we can get underway soon we are sitting around waiting for spares. The crew are bonding and freindships forming out of this, the first challene in many.

Well today i feel i have gained a whole new family away from the bond that veterans have and away from the common experinces that many of us share. There was a low point today that i struggled with the details are not important. I over committed to something beyond me and i failed. I could not contain my emotions and became overwhelmed. A new brother helped me with a hand on a shoulder and a short walk in reflective conversation.
The situation changed from one that could have taken me weeks to work through to a mere blip on the horizon of life.

I over commited emotionally and forgot to look after myself. While i still feel embarrest about my emotions streaming through like they did i also learnt that this boat, this crew, and this charity have a unique soul that seeps in and pushes darkness from you leaving only the comfort, saftey and honesty that only a family can give.

No comments:

Post a Comment