Pages

Saturday 16 July 2016

Day 42

Day 42

Busy Busy Jobs

To start with I would like to comment on the comments about day 41 pre blog about octopus and pirates. There seems to be doubt in some people’s minds as to whether or not this happened. Firstly, let me put things straight in your minds I did happen. We don’t have any proof as the octopus ate our cameras.
So Oban is a buzzing metropolis in comparison with the last few stops. It is a chance to get everything fixed up and resupplied ready for the next leg of the adventure. We have new people arriving tomorrow and crew swaps between the yachts and spirit. So it will be a bit of a swap round and a new settling in period as the crews bed in and get to know each other’s quirks. 
Tamsin has been her awesome self and arranged the Outboard to be fixed which means we will have out bow thruster……I mean tender back. Dan has been back and too in Septembers Tender which he can now steer without his hands. Not sure how he is doing it. Use your imagination to work that one out.
Yanto and a group of volunteers went to do the shopping for 16. This boat now has about an extra 2 tons of edible ballast. You can’t open a cupboard without a tin or packet of something attacking you like Kato Attacking Peter sellers in the Pink panther films. (I know it’s a olds reference but I like it) Me and Chris blasted the boat cleaning with more bleach and disinfectant than you could imagine making the whole down stairs smell nice for about 20 mins.

Not sure about tea tonight mince is great but it’s easy to just keep going back to the same old faithful spag bol and chilli (although we have not really had them) I’m thinking homemade burgers possibly. Any ideas for recipes are welcome. Everyone has been busy till 1500 and then gone to explore the new lands around us. It’s great to visit these lovely places many which I know I will never see again but will hole in my heart forever.
As the new crew come on board some people are apprehensive and some a little excited but while that is going on I am quite sad as big Al is off onto September for a while to build his miles and skills for his yacht master Qualification. It was always lucky to be on his watch as that’s when the Dolphins, whales, Seals and Mermaids. He will be back but I will still miss him while he is gone. He has been a key member of the crew.
Well its time I started making some tea for everyone. It’s a good thing. I love cooking and I feel useful while I’m doing it.
Stay safe, Speak soon

Russ

No comments:

Post a Comment